Sunday, January 27, 2008

Alphabet Soup - Letter "R"

RETURNING to this much neglected blog after a long break

READING has brought me much joy - THESE are the books I read (or listened to) last year. I'm excited by the opportunity to find some good ones this time around. Any suggestions?

RAIN
- as a child of the desert (I grew up in Arizona) I will always have a deep respect for much needed moisture. Even when I've lived places where it rained frequently I've continued to recognize it as a miraculous gift that brings life to parched earth.

REM SLEEP - that deep, restful sleep in which dreams may come. Many years of chronic insomnia have taught me to be very, very grateful for whatever snatches of sweet sleep I can claim.

RAILROADS - I've had a few train rides in my life and have loved them all. Trains are a great way to travel! I hope to do more.

ROOSTERS - I love the sound of cock-a-doodle-doo in the mornings!

RIPE FRUIT - I am a lover of most any kind of fruit, so long as it is ripe. I'm always disappointed when all the bananas in the store are hard and green. I hate store bought tomatoes because they are generally picked when they are still green and hard so they will fare better in shipping and transport. Eating one picked ripe straight from my garden is always a delight.

No comments: